RLC Alumni Bright T. Adoboe from Ghana and Dexter Kingsley Godwin from Nigeria share their top 10 career tips and provide helpful YALI Network resources for you to grow your skills and set new professional goals! What career tips can you share with the YALI Network?
- Define your true passion and commit to being a leader.
- Set definite goals and design a strategy to achieve them.
- Seek knowledge by reading, studying, and learning.
- Dress for the job. Positively brand yourself.
- Look for mentors in the field and ask them to help you.
- Volunteer. The experience you gain from these opportunities is extremely valuable.
- Stretch yourself and commit to personal growth.
- The competition is fierce. Do all you can to stand out and be outstanding!
- Be resilient and patient. Careers and great institutions take time to build.
- Never give up! Even if those around you give up along the way.
Interested in taking the next step with your business? Check out our #YALIEntrepreneurs page.
The views and opinions expressed here belong to the author and do not necessarily reflect those of the YALI Network or the U.S. government. YALI Voices is a series of podcasts, videos and blog posts contributed by members of the YALI Network.