Here are a few actions you can take in your community:
- Take and teach Understanding Climate Change.
- Implement green business practices at work, like reducing paper and electricity use.
- Discuss greening daily habits at home, like reducing water or waste.
- Organize a community trash pickup day.
- Host a presentation on climate change in a local school
- Organize a tree planting event and educate participants on the role of forests in addressing climate change.
- Organize an event around ocean protection issues and/or conduct a cleanup event of a local outdoor recreational space, waterway, or beach.
- Talk to local leaders about climate change.
- Host a recycling drive.
- Organize a climate awareness walk.
- Invite experts from local organizations working on environmental issues to speak to your community about climate change.
- Host an environment-themed film screening and discussion.
- Work with a local radio program to host a climate-focused show.
For tips on how to facilitate a #YALIGoesGreen or #YALILearns event visit yali.state.gov/learns.
Want some ideas on how to facilitate and engage and audience during your #YALIGoesGreen event? Download the event facilitation guide (PDF) with a complete lesson plan to use along with this PowerPoint presentation (PPTX).
Please remember that all #YALILearns and #YALIGoesGreen events are organized on the basis of educating your community with shared YALI Network resources. You should never charge a fee for a YALI Network event, and remind others if you see this occuring.